Advocacy Meeting with Found for Promoting Techno-based Employment Opportunities for Young Women with Disabilities
Access Planet Organization conducted an advocacy meeting with FOUND Project under The Leprosy Mission to increase collaboration to increase the techno-based employment opportunities for young women with disabilities.
- To collaborate with FOUND for employment opportunities and for uplifting the economic status of young women with disabilities.
Some of the agendas discussed in the meeting were:
- in supporting Access Planet’s ToT participants of computer training to roll as on the job as computer instructors in integrated schools under the support of FOUND
- opportunities and challenges so far experienced by Found on employment of people with disabilities
- Collaborating options between FOUND and Access Planet Organization
- To consider share market orientation to these women under skill enhancement training.
The outcomes of the program were :
- FOUND staffs were positive to collaborate with Access Planet on various aspects of enhancing the economic rights of young women with disabilities
- FOUND had a positive response in supporting Access Planet’s ToT participants of computer training to roll on the job as computer instructors in integrated schools as proposed by Access Planet
- Available projects with FOUND were identified in which Access Planet could collaborate in the future.
The meeting with FOUND was successful in identifying various collaborative options with Access Planet. Further support from FOUND will help to enable the empowerment of young women with disabilities.