One day Legal literacy training for women with disabilities._Karnali Province
10th June 2023
Access Planet Organization in support of Leading from the South (LFS)- Women’s Fund Asia (WFA) organized one day training for women with disabilities on the topic- “Legal literacy training for women with disabilities” on 10th June 2023. The training is conducted as the part of grassroots campaigning by TOT Participants of training of trainers (TOT) on feminism, national and international laws and policies, and human rights mechanism that took place from 18th to 20th May 2023. The training was conducted to build the capacity of 24 grassroots women with disabilities from the local areas of Karnali provinces of Nepal on three various topics related to feminism, law, and human rights.
This training covered 4 sessions which are as follows:-
Session 1: Sex, Gender, and Gender Role
- Introduction about sex and gender
- Difference between social and natural difference of man and women
- Gender roles
- Expectation from family, religion,media etc
- Conept of SOGIESC
Session 2: Gender, Gender Based Violence and a Local Mechanism on Ending Violence Against Women with Disabilities
- What is Violence and violence against women?
- Types of Violence:(Physical, Mental, Sexual, and Economic Violence)
- Causes of Violence
- Solutions to End Violence
Session 3: Act relating to rights of persons with disabilities in relation to rights of women
- definition of the Disability
- types of disability
- Provisions under ARPD and constitution
Session 4: Feminism
- Definition of feminism and who are feminist
- Meaning of Patriarchy
- Characteristics of Patriarchal Society
- What is Feminism?
- Who can be Feminist?
- Different forms and strands of feminism including liberal, Marxist, radicle, etc.
The primary outputs of the training are listed in points as follows:
● 24 grassroots women with disabilities were empowered with the knowledge of feminism, laws and human rights.
● The participants became aware of the acts in relation with the rights of people with disabilities.
● The training has contributed in strengthening grassroots movement of women with disabilities.