Capacitating young women with disabilities on economic rights in Province 1 for Local Campaigning
Access Planet organization with support of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has successfully conducted 2 days training on “capacitating young women with disabilities on economic rights for local campaigning” on 20th and 21st December 2021 in province 1, Biratnagar.
The objective of this training was to capacitate young women with disabilities on economic rights for strengthening local campaigning in regards to the issues in their respective areas. In the training, there were participation of young women with diverse disabilities.
The topics of this 2 days training were:
- Linkage between women rights and economy
- CEDAW and ICESCR
- Economic rights in CRPD and SDG
- Economic opportunities available at the local level
- Economic rights stated in Act on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Identifying issues related to economic rights of women with disabilities
- Session on Advocacy and advocacy plan.
After the training, young women with disabilities have been aware about various economic opportunities and provisions available at the national and local level and also about national and international provisions in pertaining to the issue.
After the completion of the training, advocacy committees have been formed in Morang, Illam, Jhapa and Sunsari districts to strengthen the advocacy campaign on economic rights at the local level.