Career Counselling Session for Girls and Young Women with Disabilities
Access Planet organization with support of TEWA Nepal has successfully completed 3 days career counseling training for girls and young women with disabilities from 13th July to 15th July 2021.
The objective of this 3 days career counseling was to provide career guidance in regards to education and profession to girls and young women with disabilities.
There were all together 33 carefully chosen participants who were selected from all over Nepal and having various types of disabilities.
There were all together 6 session in this 3 days career counseling session:
- Rajan Kafle, principal of SS College on the topic “Orientation on Different Subjects Available for Study in Colleges of Nepal”
- Rama Dhakal, vice-president of National federation of disabled Nepal on “Opportunities and Facilities Available for Girls and Young Women with Disabilities in Nepal”
- Laxmi Nepal, executive director of Access planet and disability right activist on the topic “Orientation on different scholarship opportunities in international platforms for young women with disabilities.”
- Bishal Dahal, HR consultant on the topic “Curriculum Vitae writing”.
- Gargi Nepal, president of Access planet and disability right activist on the topic “Email Writing Technique.”
. Experiences were shared by:
- Parwati Shrestha, low vision, civil service job holder in Social Security Fund.
- Santa Pandey, physical disability, staff nurse at Sahid Dharma bhakta Human Organ Transplant Center
- Srijana Dhakal, blind, government teacher at Shree mandala Higher Secondary School.
We would like to thank girls and young women with disabilities for their active participations, all the facilitators for their wonderful sessions, sign language interpreters for their interpretation and lastly to Tewa Nepal for funding for the empowerment of girls and young women with disabilities.