Issue Identification Workshop on Access to Justice For Girls and Women with Disabilities_Koshi Province
8th July 2023
Access Planet Organization in support of Leading from the South (LFS)- Women’s Fund Asia (WFA) organized an event on- “Issue Identification Workshop on Access to Justice For Girls and Women with Disabilities”. The half-day workshop was conducted to help the participants identify the issues of girls and women with disabilities in the community regarding their access to justice. The girls and women with disabilities along with representatives of organizations of persons with disabilities OPDs and women’s rights organizations participated in the workshop.
The main objectives of the workshop are as follows:
- Identify the issues related to access to justice for girls and women with disabilities in the community.
- Expand the programs and activities of Access Planet by establishing formal or informal networks of the organization in different provinces.
- Prepare an advocacy manifesto to be submitted to the local government and the stakeholders.
Ms. Jyotsana Prajapati, Program Manager of Access Planet began the workshop by welcoming the participants. She then introduced herself and pointed out the workshop's agendas and format in short. Alongside Gargi Nepal, the President of Access Planet explained the organization and its mandates to the participants. Ms. Jyotsana and Ms. Gargi facilitated the workshop. The participants present in this workshop discussed in pairs or groups and clustered the problems thematically by identifying issues through a detailed discussion on various topics. After that, they identified their causes, solutions, and stakeholders for solving the issue and noted the action points. During the closing, the representatives of various OPDs and women’s rights organizations expressed their views about the workshop and commitments to work further on the issues with collaborative efforts.
The primary outputs of the training are listed in points as follows:
- Various issues in regard to access to justice for girls and women with disabilities at the local level were identified and clustered into different headings.
- Sensitization on the discussed issues, problems, solutions, and ways forward.
- Strengthened relationships with women with disabilities, OPDs, and women’s rights organizations in the province.