Organizational Strengthening Training to Girls and Young Women with Disabilities of Sudurpashchim Province
22nd- 25th November 2023
Dhangadhi, Sudurpaschim Province
Access Planet Organization, in the funding support of Tewa's Organizational Strengthening Grant, organized a four-day event, "Organizational Strengthening Training to Girls and Young Women with Disabilities of Sudurpashchim Province," held from November 22nd to 25th, 2023. The primary focus of this training was to empower girls and young women with disabilities by imparting crucial organizational development skills and knowledge. The event brought together a diverse group of 14 participants aiming to provide a comprehensive learning experience tailored to their needs and circumstances.
- Equip young women with disabilities with organizational development skills.
- Promote advocacy and inclusion for individuals with disabilities, particularly focusing on girls and young women.
- Enhance participants' capacity for organizational planning and implementation.
The organizational development training conducted by Access Planet in collaboration with Tewa was a comprehensive four-day program dedicated to empowering a diverse group through various informative and interactive sessions. Facilitated by experts such as Ms. Jyotsana Prajapati, Ms. Laxmi Nepal, Mr. Man Bahadur Saud, Mr. Janardan Bamma, and Mr. Nirajan Joshi, the training covered a range of crucial topics. Sessions included group formation, team building, important communication skills, meeting management, minute writing, report writing, personality development, public speaking, letter writing, documentation, diversity and inclusion, advocacy skills development, exploration of local opportunities, and the preparation of an annual action plan. The training emphasized practical exercises, interactive discussions, and group activities to create a collaborative and inclusive learning environment. The closing ceremony featured esteemed guests and expressed gratitude to partnering organizations for the program's success.
- Participants developed a deeper understanding of organizational dynamics, including registration, documentation, and strategic planning.
- Attendees honed effective communication skills, encompassing letter writing, report drafting, and public speaking, vital for professional engagement.
- The training empowered participants to advocate for the rights and inclusion of individuals with disabilities, equipping them with the tools to drive meaningful change.