Capacitating young women with disabilities on economic rights in Lumbini Province.
Access Planet organization with support of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has successfully conducted 2 days training on “capacitating young women with disabilities on economic rights for local campaigning” on 8th and 9th October 2021 in Lumbini Province.
The objective of this 2 days training was to capacitate young women with disabilities on economic rights for strengthening local campaigning in regards to the issues in their respective areas. In the training, there were participants with diverse disabilities from Lumbini province of Nepal.
The topics of this 2 days training were:
- Linkage between women rights and economy
- CEDAW and ICESCR
- Economic rights in CRPD and SDG
- Economic opportunities available at the local level
- Economic rights stated in Act on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Identifying issues related to economic rights of women with disabilities
- Session on Advocacy and advocacy plan.
After the training, young women with disabilities have been aware about various economic opportunities and provisions available at the national and local level and also about national and international provisions in pertaining to the issue.
After the completion of the training, advocacy committees have been formed in Rupandehi, Bara, Bardiya and Dang districts to strengthen the advocacy campaign on economic rights at the local level.