Organizational Strengthening Training to Girls and Young Women with Disabilities of Bagmati Province
13th – 16th October 2023
Access Planet Organization in support of the Tewa under Organizational Strengthening Grant organized “Four days Organizational Strengthening Training to Girls and Young Women with Disabilities of Bagmati Province” from 13th – 16th October 2023. The training was conducted to build the capacity of girls and young women with disabilities of Bagmati Province who are closely working with the organization. Its aim is to empower girls and young women with disabilities with organizational development skills and knowledge. The participants were trained with the necessary skills to work in the organization and to strengthen the movement of young women with disabilities.
The training covered following sessions:-
- Team Building and its importance.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Advocacy Skills Development
- Event Report writing
- Organization Introduction, Formation, Ethics and opportunities, some important terminologies for organization and its registration process.
- Important skills for effective communication
- Personality Development and Public Speaking
- Email writing
- Conducting meetings and writing minutes
- Registration and Dispatch, Attendance and Payment Voucher (Documentation)
- Letter Writing
- Preparation of Annual Plan
The primary outputs of the training are listed in points as follows:
- 14 girls and young women with disabilities were provided with the necessary skills required for the strengthening of the organization.
- The training contributed to strengthening the movement of young women with diverse disabilities through skills development.
- The capacity building of young women with disabilities contributed to expansion of network of Access Planet.